Now that winter is behind us, it’s time for you to evaluate the health and overall stability of the fence at your home. The beginning of spring is a crucial time for scheduling repairs so you can stop the bleeding or, in some cases, replace the fencing altogether. To help you assess the current condition of your fence, here are some key indicators it’s time for repairs or a complete overhaul:
1. Gate doesn’t work. If you’ve been rigging your gate with a coat hanger, or worse, propping it open with a pile of bricks, it’s clearly time for a new fence. Struggling to open and close the gate puts a strain on the entire fence, so don’t just write this off as a small problem.
2. Posts are leaning or uprooted. The post beams are responsible for providing a solid foundation and support for your fence. So, if these sections of your fencing are falling apart, it’s only a matter of time before high winds blow it to the ground.
3. The metal is twisted and rusted. If you have an old metal fence that looks like it belongs in a junkyard, then do yourself a favor and install a new one. Metal fences hold up for a very long time, so it’s obvious that you’ve already gotten a lot of life out of it. There might even be some serious safety hazards that you need to eliminate, as well.
4. Rails are missing or broken. These can be replaced easily without any problems as long as you don’t wait forever to do it. Don’t ever underestimate the impact that one missing link can have on the structural integrity of the entire fence. Once the posts begin to sag because of the lack of support, it’s all downhill from there. In this case, contact our pros for a wooden fence installation in Chester County, PA or any of its surrounding areas.
5. Rotting posts. Acting quickly is essential in this situation, as well. Rotted wood can be carefully cut out and replaced in sections. However, if you let it fester too long, the rot will spread like cancer and suck the life out of it. In this case, the only solution is to replace your fencing completely.
Time for a new fence? Receive an instant free estimate from Everlasting Fence Company, one of the best fencing companies in the Philadelphia area, by filling out a contact form on our website, or by calling 800-655-3798 to speak with a member of our staff today.